RELATIVE ADOPTION KIT
Person over 18 years old
Representing yourself in an adoption case can be effective, time and cost saving in what would be classed as non-complex, straightforward matters. Our kits are designed just for you!
You will have probably heard different messages about adoptions for children who are Aboriginal. if the person to be adopted or their birth parent(s) are Aboriginal, please seek further advice from our legal experts.
Before purchasing this kit, please ensure you meet the following criteria:
1. Will the person to be adopted have been living in NSW for three months prior to the adoption application being filed at court?
2. Will the applicants (proposed adoptive parents) be domiciled in NSW?
3. Is the relationship of the proposed adopter to the person to be adopted that of a brother, sister, aunt, uncle or grandparent?
4. Have the proposed adoptive parent and person to be adopted had an established relationship of at least two years duration?
5. is the proposed adopter 18 years older than the person to be adopted?
If you answered no to any of the above questions, please note that you have not met the legal requirements of an intrafamily adoption application. Please contact one of our legal experts.